Featured Post

Keith Green - Oh Lord, You're Beautiful

Saturday, January 31, 2009

Playing Hide and seek?

Did you know God is in the business of hiding people?

I know that does not sound right, but it is the truth.

How many times have you thought..."God,am I doing enough for you?

Is this where you want me to be?

I don't seem to be doing anything worthwhile.

Lets have a look at the story of David, and when he was anointed with oil to become the next king. Why was he anointed? Because God was not happy with Saul, who was king.

After the anointing.....where did David go? In 1 Samuel 16: 13 it reads: " From that day on the Spirit of the Lord came upon David in power...." and then, where do you suppose David went? Smelling sweetly of the anointing oil that Samuel had just used on him? It says, "Samuel went to Ramah.." But what did David do?

I imagine he would probably have had something to eat, talked about what had just happened, they would have been told by Samuel not to say anything, as even Samuel was worried about what king Saul would do if he found out as we read in 1 Samuel 16 v 2 God says to Samuel, (after he said to God, "If king Saul finds out he will kill me....") God tells him to take a heifer and make a sacrifice and call Jesse and his sons and God will then tell him what to do....
And.....the rightful king.....returns to tending his sheep in the field. Even when David does become a member of king Saul's court,it says in 1 Samuel 17: 15.." But David went back and forth from Saul, to tend his father's sheep in Bethlehem."

It is easy to look at our lives and think, "Why have You put me here Lord? What am I doing here?" or..."Why am I part of this church....or ministry...or....this....or that..?"
Sometimes we think instead..."I should be doing more....I should be part of that great ministry and not this one!
I think. sometimes God hides us on purpose.... I don't know why? But....God is an all seeing God..... and He knows the end from the beginning... His timing is perfect, could be that, if you were not where God has put you.....you could be missing out on some fantastic blessings, and then again.....someone else could be missing out on those blessings, because you were not there.

It is good to know.....you are exactly where God wants you to be

Yaddy

No comments:

Post a Comment