Featured Post

Keith Green - Oh Lord, You're Beautiful

Tuesday, February 17, 2009

THE HEART.

"Tomorrow morning...." the surgeon began, "I'll open your heart...."

"And you'll find Jesus there..." the little boy interrupted.
The surgeon looked up....annoyed.... " I'll cut your heart open..." he continued....
"To see how much damage has been done..."
"But when you open up my heart, you'll find Jesus in there..." said the boy.

The surgeon looked at the parents, who sat quietly.
"When I see how much damage has been done, I'll sew your heart and chest back up and I'll plan, what to do next.."
"But, you'll find Jesus in my heart, the Bible says He lives there, and the hymns all say He lives there, you'll find Him in my heart..."
The surgeon had had enough, "I'll tell you what I'll find there in your heart....I"ll find damaged muscle, low blood supply and weakened vessels.. and I'll find out if I can make you well!"

"And you'll find Jesus there too....He lives there...."

The surgeon left!

The surgeon sat in his office, recording his notes from the surgery....

"damaged aorta, damaged pulmonary vein, wide spread muscle degeneration, no hope for a transplant.....no hope for a cure.....
therapy....
pain killers.... and bed rest.....prognosis?" He paused.......

"Death within a year!"

He stopped the recorder...........there was more to be said, but.... he looked up.....

"WHY....?" He asked, out loud! "Why did YOU do this?

you've put him here.....

with this pain, and You've cursed him with an early death....WHY?"

The Lord answered and said, " The boy, My lamb, was not meant for your flock for long!

He is part of My flock and will forever be.....

Here, in MY flock....he will feel no pain, and will be comforted as you can not imagine.
His parents will one day join him here, and they will know peace and my flock will grow!"

The surgeon's tears were hot, but his anger was hotter....

"You created that boy and his heart, he'll be dead in months.....why???"

The Lord answered, "He has done his duty, he was put their to retrieve another lost lamb.."


The surgeon wept, as he sat beside the boys bed, with the boy's parents.

The boy whispered, "Did you cut open my heart?"

"Yes" the surgeon answered.

"What did you find?" asked the boy.


"I found Jesus there..." said the surgeon.


God Bless..

Yaddy

No comments:

Post a Comment