Featured Post

Keith Green - Oh Lord, You're Beautiful

Monday, March 24, 2014

A glimpse of Eternity! (Final installment coming next!)

My parents picked me up from the airport.

Back home...... my mum had left my bedroom with its surf posters exactly as it had been two years ago.
It was like walking into a time warp.
I’d come home to a refuge.
I went to sleep that night......but was woken in the middle of the night by something shaking me.

By now I knew how to get rid of the demons using the name of Jesus and the Lord’s Prayer.
They had to go.....but what were they doing in my bedroom......in my house?
I was furious!
I got up and decided to give them a verbal lashing!

So I went for it!

I woke my parents up......but I went for it!

I sat down on my bed and said, “God – I’m sick of these things harassing me in the middle of the night. What must I do to get rid of them?”

He replied, “Read the bible.”

I said, “Next you’ll be asking me to go to church! I haven’t got a bible!”

“Your father has a bible – go and ask him for it.” So I did.

I started reading from the beginning......from the book of Genesis:

“In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. The earth was empty, a formless mass cloaked in darkness. And the Spirit of God was hovering over its surface. Then God said, “Let there be light,” and there was light. And God saw that it was good. Then he separated the light from the darkness.”

I wept when I read this.

I’d been to university and studied all sorts of books but I’ve never even looked at the one book that could tell me the truth. For the next six weeks I read from Genesis to Revelation.

Everything that I had seen in heaven was described in that book!

In Revelation chapter one I read about Jesus, clothed in garments of white, his face shining like the sun, with seven stars in his hand, the Alpha and the Omega, the beginning and the end.

I read in John 8:12, Jesus said that he was the light of the world and those who come to him would no longer walk in darkness but have the light of life.

I read about being born again by the Spirit of God in John chapter three.

I read that by confessing my sins to God, he had forgiven me and cleansed me from my unrighteousness.

I read about the new heaven and earth where there will be no more pain or crying.

I learnt that when a demon is cast out of someone it tries to come back to its dwelling place.

I learnt that Jesus had given me authority over the demons I had encountered and that demons could inhabit idols. The bible inspired awe in me, as I had never realised the truth that was written in its pages was so vital for life.


Since this experience in 1982 I’ve been following Jesus Christ as my Lord and Saviour.
Initially I spent some time on my sister’s dairy farm in New Zealand getting my life sorted out.

Midway through 1983 I joined YWAM (Youth With a Mission) and sailed with them around the Pacific Islands telling the people there about God’s love.
Then I went back into South East Asia and ministered among the unreached tribal people of Malaysia. For three years I worked in the jungles of Sarawak and the mainland peninsular.
During this time I met my wife Jane.Since then, I have worked both in the church (I am now an ordained minister), and as an itinerant speaker, travelling to many nations around the world sharing this testimony.
My wife Jane and I have three beautiful children, Lisa, Michael and Sarah.
Our desire is to continue sharing the amazing good news of God’s unconditional love and mercy, and his provision through Jesus’ death on the cross for forgiveness of our sins, to everyone we meet.
to be cont'd
Bless you...
Yaddy

No comments:

Post a Comment