Featured Post

Keith Green - Oh Lord, You're Beautiful

Thursday, January 30, 2014

A glimpse to Eternity.....

THE LORD’S PRAYER

Our Father who is in heaven....Hallowed be Your name.

Your kingdom come.....Your will be done, On earth as it is in heaven.

Give us this day our daily bread and forgive us our sins
as we forgive those who sin against us.

Lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil.....
For yours is the kingdom.....The power and the glory
Forever and Ever.....Amen

(Adapted from Matthew 6: 9-13)


We were half way to the hospital and the Renault was climbing a hill.

My feet were going up in the air and the poison in my blood was starting to rush straight to my brain.

I started seeing a picture of a little snowy-headed boy.....and then I saw another flash of an older boy.... with snowy white hair. I was looking at this picture thinking, “Gee, he's got white hair,” and it suddenly occurred to me that I was looking at myself, that I was seeing my life go before me.

It was a frightening experience watching these pictures of my life in front of me, like a video playing, clear as crystal with my eyes wide open.

I looked and thought, “I've heard about this, and I've even read about it.

People say just before they die their life flashes before them.”

I said to myself, “I'm too young to die, why did I go diving?
What an idiot, I should have stayed at home.”

My thoughts were racing. now that I knew I was confronted with imminent death.

I could hardly hear my heart beat and I lay there wondering what would happen if I died?

Is there anything after I die?

Where would I go if I died?

Then I saw a clear vision of my mother.

It was as though she was speaking out those words she had spoken so long ago; “Ian, no matter how far from God you are, no matter what you've done wrong, if you cry out to God from your heart, he will hear you and he will forgive you.”

In my heart I was thinking, “Do I believe there is a God?

Am I going to pray?”

I'd almost become a devout atheist. I didn't believe anybody.

Yet, I was confronted by this vision of my mother. (I talked with my mother about this later when I returned to New Zealand. She said she had been woken in the early hours of that same morning. God had shown her my blood shot eyes and said to her,”your eldest son Ian is nearly dead. Pray for him now.” So she had been praying for me at that very moment that I lay dying in the ambulance.. )
to be cont'd
Blessings
Yaddy

No comments:

Post a Comment