Featured Post

Keith Green - Oh Lord, You're Beautiful

Friday, April 17, 2009

REMEMBER THE DUCK?

There was a young boy, visiting his grand parents on their farm.
He was given a slingshot to play with, out in the woods.

He practiced and practiced, but he could never hit the target and disappointed, he headed back
home to dinner.
As he was walking back....he saw his nanna's pet duck....and.....just on an impulse.....he let fly!!!

He hit the duck square on the head....and killed it!

He was shocked ....and grieved!
He panicked.....and hid the duck in the woodpile, but as he looked up....he saw his sister was watching. She had seen it all, but said nothing!

After lunch, his nan said, " Sally, let's wash the dishes...." but Sally said, " Nan, Johnny told me he wanted to help in the kitchen today, didn't you...Johnny?"
And then she whispered to him..."Remember the duck?"
So.....Johnny did the dishes...

Later, Pop asked if they wanted to go fishing?

Nan said, "Sorry, I need Sally to help me with the supper..."

Sally smiled sweetly and said, "Oh....Johnny told me he wants to help..." and again she whispered..."Remember the duck?"

Sally went fishing.....Johnny stayed home.

After several days of this, Johnny couldn't stand it any longer, he came to his Nanna and confessed that he had killed the duck.

She knelt down and gave him a hug....then said, " I know.....you see.....I was at my window and I saw the whole episode.... I love you and I forgave you straight away but, I was wondering how long you were going to let Sally make a slave of you?

Bless you...Yaddy

No comments:

Post a Comment