Featured Post

Keith Green - Oh Lord, You're Beautiful

Wednesday, July 27, 2016

The prodigal son.....

The story of the prodigal son is such a familiar story.....isn't it?

Every time I have heard a sermon on this story, that Jesus told, it is always about the son who wanted his share and left the home and spent it all and came back.....

And that is a beautiful way to show God's love.....but.....

I think this story is about the father!

I really do!

My dad often stood outside his front door, hoping and waiting....to see my brother come home!

My brother had gone away....not run away, but just...... left home!

My dad missed him......he never said...but we all knew he did.....we, his sisters and one other brother were still at home....

safe.....like the 99 sheep...safe in the fold, but the shepherd went and started looking for the one that was lost....not in the fold....
I often wondered about the 99 that were left, but the shepherd obviously "knew" they were safe....
just like my dad "knew" we, his other children were safe....but he would be watching out, standing at the front door, for my brother, just in case he decided to return home....

That is how I see the father, the dad, of the prodigal son.
We only read in one sentence...that the son was coming home....and his father was watching out for him, to see if he could see him....in the distance.

I wonder just how many days...weeks of days....had he stood there....watching for his son to come home....
That is how I see it! The father......GOD the Father.....watching for days and weeks of days....waiting for His prodigals to come back home to Him

I beg you, don't keep Him waiting much longer.....we are running out of time...
The return of Jesus is imminent.....it can happen any moment!
Don't wait till it's too late......come home NOW!
Bless you
Yaddy

No comments:

Post a Comment