Featured Post

Keith Green - Oh Lord, You're Beautiful

Monday, October 28, 2013

Vegemite!!!

What on earth is Vegemite you might ask?
It is so Australian....people from other countries have a hard time coming to terms with eating it....
Vegemite is 90 years old this month.

Although it is now made by an overseas country I hear the recipe is still the same....

I don't know....you see I don't like it.... but then....
I was not born in Australia!

But my children are and they love it!
I used to put it on their pacifier when they needed it for a while....(as well as honey)

You put it on toast...crackers with cheese and tomato.....sandwiches as a base for other goodies, keeping in mind that it is very savoury.....not sweet....


When I went overseas with my children many years ago, I brought a small jar with me,,,,just in case.....
I stayed with relatives and they had something that looked similar but was nothingt like it...


It was known as Apple Stroop....just as dark in colour but totally different in taste....I liked it!

They tried the vegemite and the looks on their faces was something else again!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY VEGEMITE.....
the children of Australia wish you many more years to come!

blessings...
Yaddy

No comments:

Post a Comment