Featured Post

Keith Green - Oh Lord, You're Beautiful

Sunday, October 20, 2013

away......

I have been away.....first up north...my grand daughter's wedding, then a week later down south, a nephew's wedding.
The fact that they were getting married pleased me no end....

On the way back, well I rushed back....as our "bushfire season" has started early this year.


It is only mid October and its another month and half, at least, until summer arrives.
The trouble is, we have not had a very cold nor wet winter, so many parts of our state are timber dry and it doesn't take much for a fire to start, just a bad storm and electrical wires sparking will start a fire. Or the sun shining on a broken glass bottle.


Bush fires in Australia are unforgiving and heartless, they can be unpredictable and destroy everything in their path. They can burn for days, out of control, whilst our fire-fighters do all they can to save lives and property, lives always come first.


Right now some of the fires are only about 30km's away from where we live, and the state has been declared "a state of emergerncy" for 30 days,....that is not good!

I grew up in the bush, so I know first hand the dangers of bush fires and the cost of living in a rural environment surrounded by trees. I live in a rural area right now and have to be ready to leave should the fires get closer.


In the last few days, many families have lost their homes and everything they owned with hundreds of houses destroyed or damaged. The life they had a week ago has changed by this tragedy.

I had to travel back through some of the areas that were going through the fires and I did not even know whether they would let me go through or not!

There were burnt out trees and shrubs for miles before I actually got to where the fires had been, and the smoke and the smell was terrible...probably some wild life was burnt that did not make it out of there.

But I know and you know that whilst this change of wind can bring such tragedy, the Lord has given us all we need to cope at that moment.

He will never leave us, nor forsake us, and I did so very much "know" that He was there with me all the time, even when I had to make a detour..... He guided me to the right road again, as many times there were no signs, and those that were there were so badly damaged by the fire no one could read what was on them, the only time I got lost was when I suddenly decided maybe I should take a particular road, on the spur of the moment type thing, and it was wrong...so the Lord guided me back on the right road....

We need to listen to His still small voice and He will guide us in the right direction....


He will always provide the strength we need, He will stand by us and comfort us when we need it, He will give us the peace we need in times of adversity.

Without God, there is nothing.

What a comfort to know that we are never, ever alone in our struggles. It doesn't mean we won't struggle but when we do, God is with us.

I will never leave you
nor forsake you.

Hebrew 13:5
Blessings...
Yaddy

No comments:

Post a Comment