Featured Post

Keith Green - Oh Lord, You're Beautiful

Tuesday, May 14, 2013

A dear friend of mine was telling me this.....

"Just after I was married, we lost our first baby.....

it was heart wrenching......... but we saw God's will in it and after quite a long period of time.....

we settled down..... and about a year later, we were blessed with a beautiful baby girl.


We were so happy...

Two or so years later we had another blessing in the guise of another little girl...our lives were complete....
But.......you know....that terrible enemy satan...the liar......kept on telling me that having lost a baby......
I was not capable of giving life or keeping anything alive.


Dont' believe him...... ever....he is a liar!

Some years later, a friend asked me to look after a living yeast type mix for her...She was going away on a vacation and
all I had to do was feed it some milk, (I had the instructions) and some flour.

Apparently you feed it, then after so many days you use the most of the mix to make a loaf cake and keep some feed it milk
and flour for so many days....and the circle goes on.....easy! she said!It's alive as long as it bubbles and has a yeasty smell...

So....It was time to feed it some milk, it had to be full cream, I only had shelf milk long life, so I figured that would work, so that milk I fed it.....then some flour......

Next day....it was bubbling but....not as much as it had been.....but....it was bubbling....
Next day.....no bubbles....nothing.....zip.....it was smelly too.....I killed it.....

and.....wouldn't you know it.....theat number one enemy started to whisper in my mind...."See.....you kill things.....even something as simple as this.....you killed it...."

I was devastated......

Maybe it was true...maybe I did kill things.....

I started to do some gardening with my two girls.....we would grow strawberries.....

I got the whole kit.....everything we needed.....pot...dirt.....seeds.....fertilizer..... and off we went....

planted the seeds watered and fertilized them.....and watched......nothing......

wathed some more.....nothing.....

again...the enemy whispered "see....you kill things...."

I was getting desperate now....maybe it was true...maybe I did kill things!

I had another misscarriage.....and went into a severe deppression....

Now I knew....it was me.....I KILL THINGS...


Then.....Jesus come into the scene.....HE had been there all along, but I had ignored Him, and listened to the enemy...

Today....I am fine.....Jesus is my strength and my comfort....

without Him I am nothing.....

I know it was not me that killed things....
"

We chatted for a while longer and I know now that she is "over it"
she glows with the love of God....
Where would we all be without Jesus?
Blessings
Yaddy

No comments:

Post a Comment