Featured Post

Keith Green - Oh Lord, You're Beautiful

Saturday, March 10, 2012

Is it an illusion?

I am asking a question......"What is a real person?"

I think a real person is some one who faces up to everything that happens in life and resists
every temptation to escape!

Professional people who work in mental health will say that, one way in which our  mental and
emotional wellbeing can be measured is by "how" we face up to real life and reality.

I suppose I could go one further and say that reality is truth....
good truth and bad truth....ugly truth and pleasant truth....

From one Bible translation it says..."If we refuse to admit we are sinners....then we live in a world of
illusion and truth becomes a stranger to us" or "If we say that we have no sin, we are deceiving ourselves and the truth is not in us." (1John 1v 8)

So.....if we refuse to face the truth....... any truth......Biblical truth......something inside us dies!

Of course we could always bury our head in the sand and ignore it all!
But where does that than leave us?

So....what am I?  A realist? or a retreatist.....some one who runs away from life.
One thing is for sure....realists get to places.
Dear Jesus,
Help me to face everything that comes my way and not to "dodge" the issues no matter how threatening they are...Thank You Jesus, Amen
Bless you
Yaddy

No comments:

Post a Comment