Featured Post

Keith Green - Oh Lord, You're Beautiful

Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Something GOD never says to us.....

One of the first things you often hear, when you start something new is...
"Who are you...to think you can do that?"
Whether it's a new job, or a new ministry, or simply just a new conversation with your neighbour, somewhere along the line this question can and might pop up!
A friend will say it.....
a family member will say it....
some one well intentioned and close to you, will say it.....
and......eventually.....after hearing....
"WHO ARE YOU....?"
or
"WHO DO YOU THINK YOU ARE...?"

enough times.....you'll start hearing it inside too!
Then, you'll start to ask yourself those questions too....
and maybe even think that GOD is asking those questions too!

When things start to happen....when the trip you planned didn't go as planned....doubt will come!
You'll think....."Maybe..... just maybe I made the wrong decision....
Maybe it's GOD who is asking me...."Who are you...to think you can write a novel...or go on that trip.....or....

BUT IT'S NOT!

I think that, should we ask GOD, -in the middle of all that doubt- if it was
coming from Him, He would say...."One thing I would never say to you is....
"WHO ARE YOU?"
I KNOW who you are....I knew you before the foundations of the earth, I knit you in your mother's womb, you are my child,my work of art! If you ever hear the condemnation of...."who are you, to take this adventure..." then you'll know it's not Me, because I already "know" the answer to that question. I created the answer to that question, so I never need to answer that one!
Now, knowing that...( that GOD already knows)does not magically take away the doubt...so expect it anyway!
Just understand that, at times,the doubt of feeling not capable, for whatever it is God is calling you to do, will always be there....but...
The voice asking...."Who do you think you are....?" inside you.....filled with doubt....is not GOD!
As I said....He already knows....and more than anything all He wants to do is tell you the answer Himself....
He loves you that much!
Blessings
Yaddy

No comments:

Post a Comment