Featured Post

Keith Green - Oh Lord, You're Beautiful

Thursday, May 27, 2010

Dancing with God?

When I meditated on the word "GUIDANCE" I kept seeing "dance" at the end of the word.
I also remember reading somewhere that "doing God's will" is a lot like dancing.
When a couple dances only one can lead.....when both try to lead, nothing feels right.

The movement doesn't "flow" with the music, and everything is quite uncomfortable and jerky!
When one person realizes that, and lets the other lead.....both begin to "flow" with the rhythm of the music.

One gives gently cues, perhaps with a nudge to the back, or by pressing lightly in one direction or the other.

It's as if the two have become one, moving together, beautifully!

The dance takes surrender, willingness and attentiveness from one person, and gentle guidance from the other.

My eyes drew back to the word..... "GUIDANCE"

When I saw the "G" I thought of GOD....

Followed by "U" and "I" 

God...."U" and "I" dance.

As I lowered my head, I became willing to trust that I would get guidance for my life.

Once again, I became willing....to let GOD lead.

My prayer for you today is that God's blessings and mercies be with you, today and every day!

May you abide in God as He abides in you!

Dance together with God, and let Him lead you and guide you through every season of your life.

Bless you....

Yaddy

No comments:

Post a Comment