Featured Post

Keith Green - Oh Lord, You're Beautiful

Tuesday, August 13, 2019

A Heavenly Mind

What is a heavenly mind?

Centuries ago I bought a nice house in a quiet little street in an inner-city suburb. It was a haven nestled away from the outside hustle and bustle of the larger city.

Although small, it was big enough to house me, my widowed mother, my brother and his new bride. The secluded back yard was large enough to contain an enormous peppercorn willow tree, a shed, and a little vegetable garden. O! – and a German Shepherd dog.

I loved the fact that a half a mile away up the hill, you could find fashionable wine bars and restaurants. There was a convenient shopping mall around the corner. Even a beautiful wetlands walking park complete with the appropriate native fauna and wildlife.

In fact I hardly ever availed myself to those restaurants and bars. All the years I lived there, I think I only walked that park a handful of times. Still, it was a highly desirable area. I just liked boasting that I lived there.

We all lived in that same little house, yet occupied different worlds. My brother and his wife were busy planning their lives. I had my job, my beloved gymnasium and friends to occupy time. While I had the odd “spiritual” inclinations, my life was largely governed by more earthy pursuits.
See more here

No comments:

Post a Comment