Featured Post

Keith Green - Oh Lord, You're Beautiful

Thursday, February 4, 2010

HE ASKED ME, TO....WAIT!

"Father....how much longer must I wait...?"
My mind keeps screaming.... "It's too late...!"

he's been gone so long....and he's changed so much....
It breaks my heart....he's still in Satan's clutch.

I keep struggling for hope...yet....finding it not...
this waiting is rough and my patience is shot!

This pain in my heart...it just won't go away,
and it's all I can do just to get through the day!


But, I'm tied by obedience---with strong cords of love
I'm held tight in this place by my Father above!

What else can I do? I just cannot let go...
need to wait for that blessing, it's coming....I know!

I stand in this cage, the door open wide....
Satan is beckoning, and I'm ready to fly!

But, I hear a soft whisper.... "I want you to stay....
you know that I love you, I know the best way!"

How can I refuse Him? His love runs so deep!
He paid for my spirit, the price was not cheap!

He knows how I'm feeling....the loneliness and pain
temptation, rejection, He's also sustained.

He asks me to wait....I've told Him I will....
Now....think like the clay....be yielded and still!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

They walked in tandem, each of the 93 students,filing into the already filled to capacity
auditorium.
With rich maroon gowns flowing and the traditional caps, they looked almost as grown up as they felt.

Dads swallowed hard....behind broad smiles, and mums freely brushed away tears.

This class would not pray during commencements----not by choice--- but because a recent court order ruling prohibited it.

The principal and several students were careful to stay within the guidelines allowed by the ruling.

They gave inspirational and challenging speeches, but no one mentioned divine guidance, and no one asked for blessings on the graduates nor their families.

The speeches were nice, but they were routine.....
until the final speech received a standing ovation!


One solitary student walked proudly up to the microphone.
He stood still and silent for just a moment.......then it happened.....

all the other 92 students.....every single one of them......all together.....suddenly sneezed.....

The student on stage at the microphone simply looked at the audience and said.....

"GOD BLESS YOU.....EACH AND EVERY ONE OF YOU....." and walked off the stage!

The audience exploded into applause!
The students had found a unique way to invoke God's blessings on their future with or without the courts approval!

Bless you...

Yaddy

No comments:

Post a Comment